Bringing Loggers to Life
After several years of successfully working with major water and wastewater companies in the UK and Australia, Metasphere Ltd has introduced their intelligent logger called Point Orange to the South African water market.
Today, we would like to tell you a little more about this unit that is a low-power battery operated IP68-rated compact logger/ RTU, designed to provide low cost and flexible outstations that are truly multi-purpose and multi-functional.
Okay sounds interesting … but what makes Point Orange so unique you might ask?
Here are just a few things from the top of our heads…
- FIRST with 3G:
Early adopter of new communications technology, first to market with 3G unit.
- FIRST to implement Modbus master
First product of this type to implement local serial comms (Modbus master).
- Patented Submersion sensor in device
- Fully configurable
Devices with Remote upgrade of Firmware and configurations available.
- Modular design
Sensor independence, options for reusing existing instruments where appropriate. Measure any parameter (including any depth)
- Interfacing to 3rd Party systems
Communicate with third-party serial devices over Modbus (RS232 and RS485) or SDI-12
What benefits does Point Orange offer you?
There are just so many but can you spot the biggest biggie …? We will give you a hint: See bullet point 2…
- One product for many applications- Configurable to Application requirements
- Real time remote monitoring of up to 5 sensors
- Software configurable I/O, support for analogue, digital and counter inputs
- Tri-band 3G modem with quad band GSM/ GPRS fall back with auto switching internal/external antenna
- Internal battery pack offering 5+ years battery life
- Optional External Battery offering < 10 years battery life for more demanding applications
- Patented submersion sensor
- ATEX and IECEx variant Point Blue – (Ex II 1G Ex ia IIB T4 Ga)
- Directly connects to Adroit SCADA Top-end
- Also connects to other top-end systems through Medina, DNP3 or WITS DNP3 Masters
- And it can also store thousands of records in its memory for later retrieval by SCADA systems
- Easy installation
- Integrated installation bracket saves time and money, no need to buy additional brackets for install
- Easy to monitor
- Easy to maintain
- Remote configuration
- Remote firmware upgrade
- Saves money by minimising the need for additional site visits
“The unit’s flexibility and substantial capability has been the key to its success,” says Tim O’Brien, Metasphere’s CEO; “Point Orange does not provide a typical logging solution, it goes well beyond and in doing so, it is truly multi-purpose. We have also engineered in features that will reduce or eliminate some of the CAPEX and OPEX costs involved; from lessening the need for site visits to the incorporation of industry standard protocols (i.e DNP3) and remote firmware upgrades.”
But don’t just take our word for it… here is what others are saying
- Telemetry Manager- Major UK Water Company – What they say:“Support is never in question, Metasphere’s service and reporting systems ensure a confident timely resolution to any support calls.”
- Managing Director- Customer – What they say“The products are very quick and easy to install, it enables us to give customers delivery and implementation times with a great deal of confidence, something we do not believe we would get with any other telemetry unit.”“Metasphere’s customer support is very good and well organised, questions receive quick answers.”
- Manager Technical Services: Water PNG (Papua New Guinea) – Mr John Wavimbukie – What he says“We have been using the Metasphere Point Colour RTUs in Papua New Guinea for almost 2 years now and I can say it is a more advanced, low cost, plug and play unit, that really helps us monitor our remote equipment.It collects data and sends it to either our SCADA or to ‘Palette’ the Metasphere data site
So now that we’ve caught your attention- want to know even more?
Want to try the Point Orange for yourself?
We will make it super easy for you… Just click here and we will do the rest
More of a Do It Yourselfer?
All Metasphere products are available directly from Tabateq cc as the appointed specialist reseller for Metasphere in South Africa.
For more information: